Draw on your passion. Shape our community.
Once again, York Region has been named one of the Greater Toronto's Top Employers. One of Canada's fastest growing municipalities, we're proud to be acknowledged as a place where professionals can bring their enthusiasm, talent and ideas for the future – while contributing to the progress of our vital community. As part of our diverse and highly engaged team, you'll have the opportunity to work on innovative projects that further a sustainable environment, enhance our public services and promote a healthy community.
SUPERVISOR, DATA SERVICES #13469
COMMUNITY AND HEALTH SERVICES DEPARTMENT
STRATEGIC SERVICES INTEGRATION AND POLICY BRANCH
Location: Newmarket, ON
Full-Time, Salary $77,306 - $87,599 annually
Reporting to the Manager, Strategic Analysis and Data Services, is
responsible for supervising the preparation, evaluation, assessment,
analysis and interpretation of statistical, demographic (e.g. census data)
and other data for the Branch; co-ordinating and leading major customer
survey research and data analysis projects for the Department; and
providing support and training to staff in the recording, monitoring and
reporting on programs and services.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Social Sciences or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in statistical data analysis, data and demographic interpretation, (e.g. census data) survey development, project management, database design, program evaluation, and report writing, and demonstrated supervisory or leadership experience in a unionized environment.
- Knowledge of municipal government practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant Standards, Acts, By-Laws and Regulations.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self management, accountability, and flexibility/adaptability.
- Management competencies including results/achievement focus, human resources management, leadership, financial management, business planning, decision making/judgement, representation and professionalism and job knowledge.
- Demonstrated skills establishing, maintaining and producing complex databases/spreadsheets including current experience with database design, report generation and modifications.
- Strong report writing, research and project management skills to meet program objectives and work to tight deadlines and analytical skills to interpret and reconcile complex statistical reports.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications.
- Contemporary staff supervisory skills including knowledge of collective agreement administration and interpretation, labour relations principles and practices, and relevant employment legislation.
- Ability to interpret statistical data, including social indicator research and a variety of legislation, explain complex issues and terminology, analyze issues and make timely decisions in accordance with appropriate legislation and the needs of the organization.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required.
Please apply on-line at
August 30, 2012 quoting competition #13469.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those
selected for an interview will be contacted. For additional information on
York Region, please visit the above-mentioned website.
Submitted on Thu, 16 Aug 2012 15:09:02 -0400